Who i am
Software Engineer & Web Developer From South Africa
My name is Ryan Blake and working with technology has been a passion most of my life. I always loved seeing how technology can enrich people’s lives.
Even in school I helped my father’s business use technology to streamline their Admin and invoicing allowing them to focus on what mattered to them architecture and building beautiful homes.
I’ve worked with many companies both local and international.
Most projects have been in the financial sector and have streamlined difficult and complex systems.
I am great with people and enjoy a balanced lifestyle. So I also enjoy getting outdoors and away from technology.
I have had great experience building systems but I would like to move in a direction where I could lead teams in building great, sustainable systems.
- Software Architecture
Plan and design future development focusing on the Microsoft.net Framework.
- Web Design
- I helped stabilize and ensure that their system was capable of handling greater load.
- I helped create a journey system that allows loan applications to be stopped and continued at any point.
- I helped create the capability to handle personal, business and corporate loan applications.
- I helped create the first ever automated SME loan application process.
- I helped create the secondary market which allowed the reselling of loans.
- I helped create an affiliate system which allowed companies to refer clients to us via a SOAP/Rest API as well as an online platform where they can invite people to apply for loans.
- I helped create an affiliate reporting dashboard to report on all the invitations that were sent out.
- Project Management
I helped integrate the first GPRS based vehicle tracking system into the South African GPRS infrastructure. I helped vodacom calibrate their GPRS and get it stable. I also managed installations of fleets of vehicles all around South Africa.
- Web Design
I worked for the London based company building systems that replaced the Ship Brokerage software used by the largest companies in the market, namely Maersk, Glencore and SSY.
- Web design
Helped build in house software and managed their outsourced IT systems for them.
- Web design
- Seo optimization
After loads of interest from friends and other business owners, I started my own company that specialized in SEO(Search Engine Optimization) and online advertising. I also build and designed websites for businesses.
What i do
Software Development Coaching and Mentoring
Do you want to take your development career to the next level? I will walk with you step by step and help you head in direction most suited to your personality type.
- Career Path Guidance and Coaching
- Personal Mentoring
- Development Skills Guidance
- Team Skills Assessment/Guidance
Software Development Consulting
With over 8 years experience designing and building systems for many multinationals, I will offer my services to ensure that your organisation makes the right choices.
- Enterprise Software Architecture
- Systems and Process Analysis
- Technology Stack Analysis
- Integration Analysis and Design
Software Architecture and Design
Project Planning and Estimation
" After acquiring 49% share in Rainfin. I was employed by Rainfin to extend and add functionality to their existing peer to peer lending platform. I built many components required by the strict Financial Services Board and National Credit Regulator requirements. Working with a great team, we built a fully online automated personal and sme loan application process that do date has processed millions or rands in loans per month and just continues to grow. "
" Created and customized a cutting edge communications system that was tailor made for them and their high volume organizational needs. The system was an extension of Microsoft Exchange and was able to do a analysis of the messages received in ways that benefited their organisation. "
" Designed and Created Software to replace their old Ship Brokerage systems, which included a new cutting edge communications system that was an extension of Microsoft Exchange and fully integrated into the new software as well as did pattern recognition to extract valuable information from the messages and stored it in their database. "